Kids of Appetite by David Arnold
Release Date: 20th September 2016
Victor Benucci and Madeline Falco have a story to tell.
It begins with the death of Vic’s father.
It ends with the murder of Mad’s uncle.
The Hackensack Police Department would very much like to hear it.
But in order to tell their story, Vic and Mad must focus on all the chapters in between.
This is a story about:
1. A coded mission to scatter ashes across New Jersey.
2. The momentous nature of the Palisades in winter.
3. One dormant submarine.
4. Two songs about flowers.
5. Being cool in the traditional sense.
6. Sunsets & ice cream & orchards & graveyards.
7. Simultaneous extreme opposites.
8. A narrow escape from a war-torn country.
9. A story collector.
10. How to listen to someone who does not talk.
11. Falling in love with a painting.
12. Falling in love with a song.
13. Falling in love.
Why I’m excited:
- I really enjoyed his debut novel Mosquitoland. It’s a great contemporary YA novel.
- This book just sounds SO GOOD!!!
- This is the kind of contemporary YA novel I feel like I will enjoy because of FRIENDSHIP AND FALLING IN LOVE and from the cover it looks like there are some POC so yay for that.
Will you be reading Kids of Appetite?
Since it’s out this month I will hopefully buy it when I get Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo on 27th September.
PEACE. LOVE. BOOKS. =D
“As simple as it sounds, I think understanding who you are–and who you are not–is not the most important thing of all Important Things.” ― David Arnold,
“Sometimes, things are more embarrassing when you’re alone. I guess when no one’s around to hear your stupidity, you’re forced to bear the brunt of it.” ― David Arnold,