Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price–and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can’t pull it off alone…
A convict with a thirst for revenge.
A sharpshooter who can’t walk away from a wager.
A runaway with a privileged past.
A spy known as the Wraith.
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.
Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz’s crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don’t kill each other first.
So what’s so great about this book?
- Diversity!!! Kaz is disabled. Inej IS A BROWN GIRL. Jesper is a gay black dude etc. GOOD STUFF.
- Banter. THE SARCASM. THE SASS. THE SAVAGE COMEBACKS. OH IT IS JUST SO SO GOOD.
- Camaraderie. I LIVE FOR STORIES WHERE THEY GO ON JOURNEYS AND HAVE BANTER AND WOULD DIE FOR EACH OTHER.
- Excellent writing and gripping plot. this book is a page turner. it’s one of those books that haunt you. like you want to find out what they get up to next AND YOU CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT THE CHARACTERS. they’re always up to no good but omg you just want them to be safe and happy.
- BACK STORIES. I love how Bardugo managed to weave the backstories with the narrative and it’s not like you want to skip it because you NEED to know why they are like this or what happened and it makes you love the characters even more.
So i love the characters and the plot and the humour and I just love this book so much I gave it 4.5 stars on goodreads BECAUSE OF THE ENDING.
When I finished the book I tweeted the author and SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE HAS DONE:
I’m just so happy that there is a character like Inej, a badass BROWN girl who SLAYS and takes crap from NO ONE!
No you don’t have to have read the Grisha Trilogy to read this although it is set in the world of Grisha. I didn’t really like the Grisha Trilogy but the premise is great and the Grisha powers are super cool.
I am so glad I decided to see what all the hype was about with this book AND I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!!!
Not so patiently waiting for Crooked Kingdom (27th September 2016)
I’m actually looking forward to Crooked Kingdom more than Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass 6) BECAUSE I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS KJHSFKJDHGKJDFH.
You can thank me once you’ve read it! 😎
PEACE. LOVE. BOOKS. =D
“Kaz leaned back. “What’s the easiest way to steal a man’s wallet?”
“Knife to the throat?” asked Inej.
“Gun to the back?” said Jesper.
“Poison in his cup?” suggested Nina.
“You’re all horrible,” said Matthias.”
― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
“She’d laughed, and if he could have bottled the sound and gotten drunk on it every night, he would have. It terrified him.” ― Leigh Bardugo,