Hello fellow bibliophiles!
I’m so excited for this years Books Are My Bag because LAUREN CHILD HAS DESIGN A CHARLIE AND LOLA BOOK BAG!!!
IT IS SO ADORABLE I NEED IT.
What is books are my bag (BAMB)?
It is a nationwide campaign to support bookshops as our high street bookshops are in danger (thanks to the cheapness of online books). It celebrates the act of buying a book in a bookstore where you can interact with other readers and ask questions about upcoming books as well as attend events…the beauty of a bookstore is not just that they have books but it has people who want to help you find the right book and they hold author events!
on the BAMB website is a list of reasons to buy books from a bookshop:
- You love books
- You may be about to make a purchase you’ll value for the rest of your life
- You’ll be shopping on your local high street
- You’ll be helping create local jobs
- You might just find a book you never knew existed
- You’ll find great gifts for friends and family
- You can talk to real people about books they know and love
- You’ll be part of your local book-loving community
When is it?
8-10th October 2015 all over the UK. It happens every year so if you can’t make it this year then try to make a plan of it for next year. But, your bookstore might still be selling the bags throughout the year!
Where is it?
you can check your local bookstore if they have any events for the day but usually you just go into a bookstore and they should have the bag…i think you get a free BAMB bag when you buy a book. the designer ones you have to pay for.
Why it is great?
- because it celebrates books.
- it’s a fun filled few days full of books and bags!
- whenever i see someone with a BAMB bag i know they are a fellow booklover.
Books I might get on the day:
Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling (her new book!)
The Amazing Book is Not on Fire by Dan Howell and Phil Lester (aka Danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil from YouTube)
AH…so many books to choose from. I might treat myself and get two!
Happy Book Buying and Reading!
“Aren’t bookshops wonderful? The staff are always welcoming, friendly and incredibly knowledgeable about their stock – and they are great places to browse, to explore, to stumble across new literary treasures. Long live bookshops.” – Malorie Blackman
“I love walking into a bookstore. It’s like all my friends are sitting on shelves, waving their pages at me.” – Tahereh Mafi
“Bookstores always remind me that there are good things in this world.” – Vincent van Gogh
PEACE. LOVE. BOOKS. =D