i just want to thank everyone who has read or who reads my blog.
so here’s a list of the HIGHLIGHTS of 2012:
- Graduating high school-I SURVIVED HIGH SCHOOL.
- 18th birthday party- playings singstar and games and being crazy- good times
- Meeting malorie blackman- authors from my childhood
- Prom- I had one of the best nights ever dancing the night away
- Going to Edinborough- what a beautiful place- the architecture is simply stunning!
- Shopping till i drop- retail therapy works- whether it’s buying books or jewellery or clothes or stationary. I have a weakness for forever 21, accessroize, paperchase, waterstones and h&m
- Getting into my dream university- SOAS BITCHES
- Going to the paralympics closing ceremony with my mum- I SAW COLDPLAY LIVE HGRJKDFKLSDL;
- Going for ummrah- pilgrimage with my family and saw my grandparents
- Going to tedxhackney youth talk – always wanted to go to a ted talk…start local I suppose. you can read about it here
- Having my piece on the tedxhackney website- BEST THING EVER SO PROUD OF THIS ARTICLE
- Lots of baking (pecan pie/cupcakes/cheesecake/oreo recipes) and hanging out with my friends whether it’s going to the park, having movie days, shopping, eating out- good company- I miss my friends but yeah we’ve had so many amazing times.
- Going to thorpe park- finally one of the best days of summer- I love rollercoasters
- Going to the WB Harry Potter Studio Tour WOW JUST WOW THOSE MEMORIES I teared up at the end. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome us home.
- taking my friend on a london Ghost Bus Tour for her 19th birthday- what a wonderfully weird night.
- Going to GO APE for a friend’s birthday- insanity ensues so much fun climbing stuff and pretending to be katniss/rue
- Having a crush- it started in March and ended in August/September well it had to end gosh that was one hell of a rollercoaster of feeeeelllssss but when I look back on it I smile fondly and think…awesome guys who read books and bake and are cute and love travelling and stuff exist…
- Obsessing over THG and josh hutcherson- thg came out this year idk how many interviews I watched and also all josh’s movies from thg to red dawn to detention to journey 2 mysterious island
- It’s been a good year for fangirling- books and tv and movies and just I love liking things lol
- Seeing taylor swift at westfield- even though I didnt go with any friends it was amazing to see her so close and looking so beautiful and just love her so much
- Sharing my love of books with people- blogging/tweeting about it and just showing books down people faces- talking about books is one of my fave things to do
- Spinebreakers- all the meetings and events. IF YOU LIVE IN THE UK AND LOVE BOOKS AND ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13-18 YOU SHOULD SIGN UP AND CONTRIBUTE.
- Going to the hunger games premiere- I did go alone but it was still an experience and I managed to make a kind of friend and elizabeth banks signed my book and it was amazing
- seeing Elif Shafak at my university giving a talk
- protesting for Libya and Palestine. Inshallah next year i shall protest some more.
- I HAD ONE OF THE BEST SUMMERS EVE- 3 months of pure awesomeness. ALHAMDULILAH
The Hunger Games- I’ve seen it like 5 times now
The Avengers- what a movie. Love the cast too
Life of Pi- phenomenal. Simply breathtaking.
Silver linings playbook. Love the book and the movie.
The perks of being a wallflower. Every teenager should read and watch this.
21 jump street. THIS MOVIE IS HILARIOUS. Definitely one to watch with a friend
Moonrise kingdom. Beautiful.
Secret world of Arriety. Love studio ghibli
The Lorax. I love dr seuss and the environment and of course taylor swift does the voice for one of the characters.
I don’t know probably lots more movies but those seem to be the ones that I remember
- Taylor Swift- I know RED was only released like 3 months ago so obv I spent the year listening to her previous albums. And of course enchanted became like the song that just meant everything for like 5 months…
- Colbie Caillat- she’s frickin amazing
- Selena Gomez- haters gonna hate I like her songs okay
- Demi Lovato- I know she only released a few songs but urgh she is amazing and her music is wow. she’s such an inspiration.
- Imagine dragons- epic. just go youtube them.
- Emblem3- past 4 months I’ve been fangirling over them and i love their songs especially True Friends they’re just adorable =)
- The script- they’re amazing
- Coldplay- can’t beleieve I finally saw that at the Paralympics closing ceremony
- The Lumineers- cool sound
- Mumford and sons- awesome new album
- Ed Sheeran- he’s just ridiculously adorable. and for him it’s all about the music. he loves his cat too.
- Domino- jessie j- I love this song okay
- Where have you been- rihanna- yeah this was one of the soundtracks of my summer
- Call me maybe- carly rae jepsen- overrated I know but for like the last term of school and through exams and prom it was like one of the best songs ever
- Ready or Not– bridgit mendler- soundtrack to my summer I mean the lines
- Phineas and Ferb- perfect show is perfect always makes me laugh
- Suits- guys in suits are so hot. But it’s also a really good show with a strong female cast too.
- Pretty Little Liars- this show annoys me but I keep coming bac for more
- Doctor who- I cannot wait for the 50th anniversary
- Cougar Town- this show is so funny my mum and I love it
- The Big C- so depressing but brilliant. Another show I watch with my mum
- Modern Family- always makes me laugh
- The Middle- recently started watching it and I love it it’s so cringe but funny and yes i am a little bit in love with Axl
- New girl- adorkable
- Teen wolf- caught up with it and I missed it so much stiles is my fave
- 2 broke girls- so weird but funny
- Awkward- hilarious
- Suburgatory- so funny.
i kinda realise that yes all the shows i watch have a hot cast…i watch it for the story HONEST 😉
Things to look forward to in 2013:
Premiere dates for shows: pll, the lying game, suits, doctor who 50th anniversary
Jennifer Lawrence on SNL
Despicable me 2 coz MINIONS
Monsters university- excuse you but i’ve been waiting 12 YEARS FOR THIS MOVIE
5 book to movie adaptations i’m looking forward to:
Maybe going to south africa
Finishing my first year of university
Making friends hopefully
More books to read
Movie premieres I hope to go to
POSSIBLY SEEING JOHN AND HANK GREEN!!!!!
MEETING MY FUTURE HUSBAND JOSH HUTCHERSON AT THE CATCHING FIRE PREMIERE AND DAZZLING HIM WITH MY SMILE SO HE’LL FALL IN LOVE WITH ME…
2013- good year for fangirling
with a lot of
And whatever else God has in plan for me in 2013…hopefully good things =)
Maybe more of a social life? Haha
anyways THANK YOU FOR READING MY BLOG AND PUTTING UP WITH MY RAMBLINGS AND BABBLING SPREES AND JUST I APPRECIATE IT
also i will try my best to post more regularly perhaps a blog a week or at least a blog every 2 weeks or month and not leave you hanging for 3 months
HAPPY NEW YEAR
HAVE A LOVELY 2013
May God bless you all with a wonderful new year filled with love, peace, health and happiness. may He bless you with the strength to carry on when you feel you can’t, may He give you more reasons to smile every day and be grateful for all that you’re blessed with. Ameen.
i know the world isn’t in the best state what with all the wars and violence and hate but
this might restore your faith in humanity
and to all the haters in the world
PEACE. LOVE. BOOKS. =D