ah…good old 80s songs. i’m not even from that decade. HA. still can appreciate the awesome music and movies!!! Ferris Builler’s Day Off- BRILLIANTLY HILARIOUS and of course The Breakfast Club-Madness.
John Hughes (R.I.P) Is A Legend.
If you havent seen those two movies i suggest you take time off to have an 80s Day- dress vibrantly, big hair and bold make up (or not) and invite all your friends over or just sit by yourself and have fun watching 80s movies. you’ll finally understand the references made today and how awesome 80s films are despite the lack of technology!!! 😉
Josh Hutcherson, yeah the boy from Bridge to Terabithia and …um…ZATHURA…and…Little Manhattan…and yeah you can check out his IMDB profile for the rest but yeah HE will be my beloved Peeta Mellark in The Hunger Games movie.he doesn’t LOOK THE PART but according to Suzanne Collins and Gary Ross his audtion was brilliant and he brings Peeta to life. Fans will just have to wait till the movie stills and clips come out. i don’t think he is SEXY but i’ll probably still fall in love with him because i love PEETA’S CHARACTER as well as physical appearance describe dinthe book. 😉
meanwhile Gale Hawthorne is played by Liam Hemsworth- yeah he dated/dating (?) Miley Cyrus- that says a lot but he is rather…FIT. Physically fit as King Julien XIII likes to say. =P
whether he is capable of acting as Gale, so mysterious and in love with Katniss and strong and sexy…i don’t know. of course hair dye is necessary for all of the actors. no wigs like Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black in Twilight. that was a complete FAILURE. i doubt he’ll ever live that down…then again those ABS…
Enough about the male physique…
No wait…one more thing…Stefan Salvatore…played by Paul Wesley is SO DAMN FINE. Vampire Diaries is BACK…but season 2 will be over soon.
Anyways, i’m so exicted, they should start filming ASAP because the film is scheduled to come out on March 23rd 2012!!!! of course we’ll still be ALIVE! this is an awesome fan poster by Amy (whoever you are…)
yes…EVERYONE will want to see this though it’s going to be PG13 (12A) but i have faith that they’ll still be able to capture the bloody scenes and the horrifying act of children brutally hunting and killing children in order to SURVIVE. That’s dystopian fiction for you.
Red Glove, the sequel to Holly Black’s The White Cat (Curse Workers) cam from Amazon this morning. Yayness.
Holly Black has written a substantial number of books: The Spiderwick Chronicles, Tithe (dark faeries) and now The Curse Workers. I’m pretty sure she’s friends with Cassandra Clare (author of The Mortal Instruments Series which is ALSO going to be a film and Lilly Collins is playing Clary Fray).
so yes i love getting post especially if it’s a package from Amazon- one of my favourite sites- it sells EVERYTHING…well, pretty much everything.but most importantly…BOOKS. =)
so far i know this much is true: 80s movies rock, i’m excited for The Hunger Games movie to come out, books are my life, and Stefan Salvatore is one sexy vampire. yeah i’m so over the whole Twilight phase but i WAS obsessed…hey i was 13 so yeah…at least i wasn’t an 8year old girl telling Kellan Lutz to ‘bite me’…i mean WTF…FREAKY!!!!
OH MY GOSH…I FORGOT…HOW CAN I HAVE FORGOTTEN?!
Yeah…I went to see Taylor Swift at the O2 Arena in London and she was frickin INCREDIBLE!!!! wow…i shall try and post pics soon but my camera is pretty lame and my seat numbe rwas 750 so you can imagine i just about managed to see her.
but here are some photos so you can see what she looked like on the night:
All i can say is I WAS THERE. she also took a picture of the crowd…how awesome is that?! she is too cool. I’M so happy for her that she won Entertainer of the Year at the ACMs- she totally deserves it. =D
yeah i was waaaayyy back. but still. i was there. =)
so yes…Taylor Swift is EPIC. i hope to see her again when she comes. Good Times.
Anyways…i know this much is true: I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT.
now moving on to ‘politcs’ or news etc
first a reminder of my motto:
“Think of all the beauty still left around and be happy.” Anne Frank
i learnt that:
1) Chilren of Gaza raised money for Haiti- wow…just wow…
2) the recession and economic crisis all comes down to GREED
“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.” Ghandi
3) Farmers are willing to preserve the Amazon Rainforest providing they get PAID TO DO IT- everyone needs to make a living and support their families. so the Amazon is VITAL for out survival as HUMANS…most people don’t realise the importance of such ecosystems. that’s just plain ignorance. researches NEED the rainforests to search for plants which could be the cure for cancer or HIV but if we’re destroying it and species become extinct every day then we may never find the cure…
4) France is banning the burqa- how oppressive is THAT?! people should be free to wear what they want whether it is a bikini or a burqa. people say that these women are being ‘objectified’ also known as the ‘Male Gaze’ where males see women as objects of desire but in this case women are seen as shapeless beings…not really. some women CHOOSE to cover themselves in such a way out of modesty while others are forced to wear it such as in Afghanistan. what about when the ‘West’ objectify women with magazines such as ‘NUTS’ and wearing skimpy clothes is not frowned upon but rather encouraged. people should be allowed to wear what they want when they want. if someone wants to wear a coat in summer why not?! sure it deviates from the social norms but most ‘individualisic characters’ to deviate from social norms because it’s always ‘they’ whoever they are make up these ‘unwritten’ rules we all have to somehow know and abide by.
5) Reforming the NHS (National Health Service in the UK) is probably not sustainable and is lielly to have repurcussions as most reforms do…okay maybe not most but still. most governemtns when they come in power appeal to the people for change and what they want because they only have 4 years to make these changes and to be voted for. they don’t think about sustainability, about future impacts and consequences. they just want to make an immediate impression and leave the future government to pick up the pieces and future generations to suffer from the repercussions. some people never learn.
6) we’re meant to LEARN from history in order to AVOID REPEATING IT AND MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES. somehow we never do. wars still continue…this time it’s more to do with power hunger and greed than pride and status.
7) Cuba, one of the poorest countrie sin the world has the same Life Expectancy as the UK. this is because their Healthcare system is one of the bes tin the world. they have 21 medical schools and around 30, 000 GPs (General Practioners) whereas the UK only has 12 medical schools but the same number of GPs. the most significant difference is how much each country spends on healthcare. the UK spends $2723 annualy per person while in Cuba it’s only about $310. although the population needs to be considered but yeah- the Cuban healthcare system is admirable. and stupid Americans are complaining about reforms to their Healthcare system when ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE IS A HUMAN RIGHT AND YET the USA which is one fo the wealthiest countries, 15% has no medical insurance so there are so many deaths which could have been prevented if they had a better healthcare system. people forget that there are POOR people in America. Hurricane Katrina impacted the POOR not the RICH.
8) the gap between rich and poor is increasingly widening throughout the world. in India, there are slums opposite offices. in South Africa blacks still work as maids…well a lot of them and the majority of people who have HIV/AIDS are black- why? because HIV/AIDS is a disease of ‘frisky’ (ooh la la la la…la la la la la…FRISKY!!!) behaviour but also a disease of poverty. so while consumers greedily consume…iPads, phones, clothes, meat etc…others don’t have basic necessities such as healthcare, clean water and electricity. i mean…how is it possible that we have SO MUCH WATER AND WASTE SO MUCH FOOD which is still edible (as Sean from The Big C proved) ?!there’s enough food for everyone but the distribution fo food is unequal. what a world. no wonder the aliens prefer to stay in their distant galaxy and they’re happy with Candace being the Queen of Mars. 😉
so yeah ‘it’s not always rainbows and butterflies’ but we must remember that:
“And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” Maya Angelou
- so although a large part of our life is set in stone such as being born, getting married, children and death but a large part is also in our hands. we have so much freedom and what we do with it is vital…not to breed hatred but to encourage others to be the best they can and to develop ourselves so we cn actually feel worthy of being called ‘the best of creation’.
- Here’s a lovely spring quote for those in the Northern Hemisphere:
“Earth laughs in flowers.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
and for those in the Southern Hemisphere:
“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” Albert Camus
- Have a brilliant week full of love, peace and happiness wherever you are. Remember ‘a smile means friendship to everyone’ so be sure to smile, because you really don’t know how much a smile can change a person’s day or even life (no i am actually NOT being dramatic. it’s true!)
“No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.” Jay Asher (Thirteen Reasons Why- also been optioned for a film and Selena Gomez is going to play Hannah)